If you’re looking for a way to add some spice to your workout routine, using an exercise ball may be just what you need. These simple workouts for beginners are a great way to get started. Not only will you get stronger and improve your balance, but you’ll also see results if you keep at it.
An exercise ball is a great way to work out for beginners because it is simple to use and requires no special equipment. You can use it to tone your muscles, improve your flexibility, and lose weight.
The benefits of Using an Exercise Ball in Workouts: Get stronger and improve your balance
If you’re looking for a challenging, yet rewarding workout, an exercise ball may be the perfect piece of equipment for you. Working out with an exercise ball can help improve your balance and coordination, as well as strengthen your core muscles.
Not sure where to start? Here are some exercises that are perfect for beginners. One of the most important muscle groups to focus on when using an exercise ball is your core. So, most of the exercises focus on your core.
How to start: Simple Exercise Ball workouts for beginners
Many people think they need to go to the gym and lift weights to get in shape, but that’s not the case. You can get a great workout in the comfort of your own home with just a few simple pieces of equipment
You can use an exercise ball for a variety of different workouts, and they’re great for beginners. Here are a few simple exercise ball workouts for beginners:
1. 30-minute Sit Still
- Sit on the ball with your feet flat on the ground.
- Slowly roll the ball forward until your legs are at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold for a few seconds and then roll the ball back to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times
- This will help warm up your body and get used to the ball & is a great way to start your workout.
2. Single Leg Kick
For a bigger challenge, try doing a Pilates move called the single-leg kick.
- Start by sitting on the ball with your legs extended in front of you and your arms at your sides.
- Place your right hand behind your head and your left hand on the ball.
- From here, lift your left leg off the ground and kick the ball forward. Return
Image source: sparkpeople
3. Ball Walks
- Start by sitting down on the ball and place your hands on the ball, behind your head or on a wall for balance.
- Slowly start walking forward. Make sure to contract your abs.
- As you walk, roll your back on the ball
- Keep walking until your head or shoulders have reached the ball
- Now make your way back up
- Repeat for 10-15 reps
- This exercise challenges your core. So make sure you are comfortable with it.
Image source: sparkpeople
4. Ball Squats
- Place the ball against a wall and position it behind your lower-mid back
- Make sure you are leaning against the ball keeping your feet apart about hip distance.
- Lower yourself in a squat position by bending your knees. Go as low as you can
- While keeping your weight on your knees, push yourself up. Make sure not to lock your knees.
- Ball squats not only help your balance, but they also strengthen your glutes, hips, and thighs
Image source: shutterstock.com
5. Leg Press on the ball
- Sit on the ball and slowly walk forward until you are at the edge of the ball. Make sure your heads and shoulders are off the ball and your knees are bent
- Bend your knees as you would do in a squat
- Come back to your original position
- Do 15 reps
- The key to this move is to try keeping the weight in your heels rather than on the toes, which can strain the knee
Image source: pinterest.com
Tips for success: How to make the most of your Exercise Ball workout?
The following are four tips to help you make the most of your workout:
- Balance is key. Exercise near a wall so you can hold onto it when needed.
- Evaluate your stamina. Don’t start doing too difficult workouts.
- Get comfortable with the ball. Make sure you don’t fall off.
- If an exercise is causing you discomfort, stop immediately.
- Be consistent. The only way you’ll get the hang of these workouts is if you do them consistently.
Before you start any workout, it’s important to warm up your muscles. A simple way to do this is to lie on the ball and roll around for a few minutes. Once you’re warmed up, you can start your workout. A simple warm-up of 5-10 minutes can help improve your range of motion and prevent injury.
Choose Appropriate Exercise:
Choose exercises that are appropriate for your fitness level. If you are a beginner, start with exercises that are relatively easy and build up to more challenging ones.
Be consistent with your workouts. Try to exercise at least 3-4 times per week for the best results.
Ensure Proper Form:
Focus on proper form. incorrect form can lead to injuries, so make sure to focus on proper technique.
How to Properly Use an Exercise Ball During Workouts?
Here are some tips for making the most of your workout with an exercise ball:
- Start with simple exercises and progress to more challenging ones as you get stronger.
- Make sure the ball is properly inflated.
- Pay attention to your form and focus on maintaining the correct form.
- Don’t forget to warm up and cool down for better body function & improved results.
Exercise balls are a great way to get fit and stay in shape.
An exercise ball can be a great addition to your workout routine. They are relatively inexpensive and can be used for a variety of exercises. They are also easy to store and transport. Exercise balls are versatile and can be used for a variety of different exercises. They are a great way to add variety to your workout routine.
There are many benefits to using an exercise ball. They can help you to get stronger and improve your balance.